The NEA (National Energy Action) is a national charity which aims to eradicate fuel poverty and campaigns for greater investment in energy efficiency to help those who are poor and vulnerable and SERS have become one of their business members.
National Energy Action (NEA) is a major national charity whose work to improve and promote energy efficiency brings social, environmental, housing and employment benefits. Working in partnership with central and local government, fuel utilities, housing providers, consumer groups and voluntary organisations, NEA aims to eradicate fuel poverty and campaigns for greater investment in energy efficiency to help those who are poor and vulnerable.
NEA achieves its objectives through
• research and analysis into the causes and extent of fuel poverty and the development of policies which will address the problem
• providing advice and guidance to installers on good practice in delivering energy efficiency services to low-income householders
• developing national qualifications and managing their implementation to improve standards of practical work and the quality of energy advice
• campaigning to ensure social and environmental objectives are brought together under national energy efficiency programmes
• developing and managing demonstration projects which show innovative ways of tackling fuel poverty and bring the wider benefits of energy efficiency to local communities.
SERS are proud to be supporting the NEA and hope to make a positive impact towards eradicating fuel poverty in the UK.
If you are in fuel poverty or need som e help or advice on how to deal with your ever rising fuel bills contact the NEA or SERS and we would be pleased to help. Their website provides a wealth of information and we highly recommend visiting it here.